Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Interview Questions and answers about Galileo Galilei

A : Hello, Mr.Galilei . It's my honer to invent you to come today . Would you want to share your  great life with us ?
G : Of couse , go ahead !
A : Ok , thank you . My frist question is when and where were you born?
G : I was born on February 15, 1564 in Pisa,a town in Northern Italy.
A :  And where did you receive your education in your childhood ?

G :  I received my education at a monastery, Santa Maria di Vallombrosa, near Florence. It is a famous school for studying medicine . My father wanted me to study medical treat ment because he believed I would become wealthy and healthy as a doctor in the future . And when I told him I wanted to become a mathematician , he was completely mad.
A : What did you do after your gratuated from Santa Maria di Vallombrosa ?

G : In 1581, when I was 17 years old . I entered the University of Pisa and chose medicine as my major as my father wished . But in there, I developed an interest in mathematics and changed  my major from medicine to mathematics. It totally changed my life .
A : As we know ,you  had some troubles with the Church and your beliefs . Can you talk something about that?

G : Well , it is a serious qusetion . In my opinion,  Copernican System is right and useful for people to deeply understand universe , but church believed that I was wrong . I am a truly Christian , I believe Bible all the time ,but I think sometimes there maybe something wrong in people's mind and I just want to correct it.

A : How did you feel when nobody believe you and suffered in  Roman catholic church  ?

G : I felt really sad about that , I just wanted to tell the truth and would like to leave some valuable knowledge for people . But nobody supported me and some people who believed me were killed by Roman catholic church. I thought it was the worst time in my life.

A : Can you tell us something about your famous book Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems ?

G : The information in this encyclopaedia was satisfactory; it was very old and attempted to prove the motion of the Earth physically. So much of the information could have been modernized, but for the most part, the information was accurate. This I would not highly recommend compared to the other sources of information. But Pope Urban VIII in church was mad about that.
A : Ok , thank you very much. Above all are all I interested about your life . It's easy to know you are turly " Father of Momdern Science ". And you leave a great treasure for human beings in the future.

3 comments: